Monday, December 3, 2012

Beginning

What is so difficult about beginnings?  I used to think that  beginnings were easy.I made big plans and then eventually I'd  have to scale back.  Bored, disenchanted or discouraged? I wasn't sure what got in the way.
I'm reminded of things I began and never finished. Like that beautiful handmade Swedish rug I started in the 70's. I never finished it even though I kept it for more than 20 years. I thought that some day I would finish it. But I never did and finally I tossed it out! There was a part of me that probably was a little afraid of completing the project because then it would be judged. At the time I thought everything I made had to be perfect and since I knew it wouldn't, I short changed myself by not trying. I've learned a good lesson throughout the years, and that is, nothing is perfect. I've learned to break through the limits and judgements I place on myself and I've become stronger. When you are strong you probably don't judge yourself as harshly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment